Monday, June 29, 2015

Camiri Transfer

In case you are wondering why I haven´t written yet, it´s because today is not P day. Yesterday we recieved transfers (they are usually Tuesday) and so we today we did transfers in the morning. Strangely enough, I got transfered. I am going to Camiri, a small town in Bolivia, there are only 4 missionaries there. I will be the senior companion and my companion will be Elder Gonzales. I will leave tomorrow for a 5-6 hour bus ride to Camiri. I suspect being there until November or December. I just hope that the house is nice. 

It´s sad to see Grandma Gilbert go, but when I saw here on mother´s day I knew she was about ready to go. But I know that the families are forever and we will see her again. Grandma Gilbert was always talking about that day when she'd go (isn´t that why Dave bought her green bananas). I guess the good thing is that now all the relatives can come to the funeral without grandma gilbert making a fuss.

Looks like Bear Lake was fun, its funny the story about Shaun´s kids. That about sums up the Miller side of the family.

This week we found a lot of good people to teach, but now I am going to another area, it always seems to work out that way.

This week I had some fun chasing down some dogs. The dogs of the elders quorum president got away and so we had to chase them down. Lets just say there are a lot of dogs that look the same. And I got to show my companion some skill that I had acquired with animal control.

Take Care, next week I will be writing from Camiri (Pronounced kah-me-¨d¨.)

Elder Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment