Monday, March 9, 2015

Bird Attack

The long-awaited package has arrived with all of its contents.  I am sure it was the Cross on the front that did it. 

Sounds like every one is busy in the yard, but I am sad to hear that no one has not yet tried to use the machete (the Bolivian tradition) as the prime bark-yard gardening tool. The biggest misconception with the machete is that you swing it around like some actor from the latest action movie. Try to look it up on youtube, so that you can learn an Bolivian art. And also I don't know if you knew, but you can send me a picture. I am anxious to see the truck and the backyard. 

And I feel for mother and her great battle with the bugs. Here is it always a battle with the forces of evil (bugs and nature). Take for example today, when a bird flew in our room during our personal study and went crazy trying to get out. Good thing my companion was brave enough to get a sack and grab it while I stood in the corner with my towel to defend myself in case it tried to attack me. I am just glad the poop landed in my companion's  scriptures and not mine.

This week we were able to find a new family, but then the limits of the ward changed and so they are no longer in our ward. The Parada family went to the campo to work or make the their dulce de leche (it is like when we make chocolates). We have been working a lot with members and trying to find new people to teach. 

Heck, I can never finish these letters. Have a lovely week.

Elder Gilbert

Response to Natalie's e-mail about having tonsillitis:

Pucha che, sounds like you have had a really rough week. You had better lie down and recover energies and just let your friends pamper you. Aproveche la oportunidad. I imagine that you looked somewhat like my companion last week when he got sick. (He contracted the Dengue (For the second time) which makes your whole body hurt, with fever and diarrhea, and feel like your bones are breaking). I haven't gotten yet because I always bathe myself in mosquito repellent, but most of the people who live here have had it 3 or 4 times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment